About Opportunity Day
Welcome to Opportunity Day!
In Opportunity Day children are placed in classrooms with other children within 1 year's range of their age. All Classrooms have two teachers. Since the cut-off date to enter Kindergarten is 5 years of age by August 1, whatever age a child is as of August 1 determines which classroom they are placed in.
- 1 year old class limit is 10
- 2 year old classes are limited to 12 children
- 3 and 4 year old classes are limited to 16 children
- story time
- circle time with songs
- academics (such as colors, shapes, numbers, alphabet, beginning Spanish, weather charts, etc.)
- motor skill activities with bicycles, tricycles, pedal cars, slides, basketball, rocking horses, balls, etc.
- snack time (provided by the program)
- holiday celebrations
- lunch time (brought from home)
- quiet time with mats and cots
- science projects.
The teachers are trained in CPR, First Aid, Crisis Intervention and Active Shooters
- $80.00 per month for 1 day per week *
- $160.00 per month for 2 days per week *
- $225.00 per month for 3 days per week *
Times and Registration:
Opportunity Day classes meet Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friday
9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
The 1 year old class meets only on Wednesdays.
Program begins in August and runs through the middle of May. The program does not meet in the summer.
Applications are accepted beginning April 5th for the 2017-2018 school year.
Opportunity Day Registration Packet (click Here)
A child must be 1 year old by August 1 to enter the program.